Quran Masterclass, Tafsir Al-Quran sessions have been going on for more than 2 years now. It began on 11 March 2013, with Ustaz Dr. Muhammad Haniff Hassan as a guest speaker for that first session. Since then, QMC has been conducting special insertions to add flavors and widen the students’ worldview.
Recently – on Monday, 6 April 2015, we had a special insertion to our Tafsir Al-Quran session titled Ayatul Kursi: Living In The Presence Of Allah s.w.t. We invited Ustaz Tarmizi Wahid, Cheif Executive Officer of Safinah. It was an engaging, enjoyable, fulfilling, motivational and an inspirational one.
The session was also made extra special since Ustaz Mizi and Ustaz Yazid were school mates in Madrasah Aljunied and in Al-Azhar University they shared their childhood stories and university life during the session. However, this short write-up shall not include those stories but rather it will be focused on the points that were shared by both Ustaz Mizi and Ustaz Yazid during the session.
- “The best of speech is the Words of Allah (Al-Quran), and the best of chapters is Surah Al-Baqarah, and the best of verses is Ayatul Kursi.”
- Allah does not get tired from watching over us and this universe. He is Al-Hayyu Al-Qayyum, the Ever-Living, without any beginning and no end. And He is not dependent on anything. All of His creations depend on Him. so when we depend on Allah, we depend on He who is truly independent and do not depend on others, that give us strength, independence and motivation.
- Ustaz Mizi shared a story whereby Iblees, the devil himself informed Abu Hurairah that when ayatul kursi is recited it is a protection none can penetrate.
- Allah does not sleep, He is aware of everything. He knows what is going on in our lives. He listens to our every prayers. Thus in life when bad things seem to happen against us in our lives, it is in actual reality for us NOT against us. As the verse 51 in Surah At-Taubah aptly says: “Say, “Never will befall us except what Allah has decreed for us, He (is) our Protector.” And on Allah [so] let the believers put (their) trust.” When we understand this we live in a world where nothing ever goes wrong.
- Allah is always watching, listening and protecting the skies above us, the ground we walked upon, the history that we are keeping secret and future that we seek. He is watching all these FOR US, listening TO US and protecting US from all harm. Thus living with Allah means we should feel SAFE.
- If we recitre Ayatul Kursi after every solah, between us and heaven is just death.
The session ended the way it began we read Ayatul Kursi together, again, feeling in our hearts that we are under the protection of Allah. Feeling safe, feeling complete, feeling blessed, that is what we feel we when live our life In The Presence of Allah.